From 27 to 29 September 2022, ALUMINIUM will open its doors at the Düsseldorf Exhibition Centre.
With 720 exhibitors from over 50 nations, it will more than live up to its claim as the world's leading trade fair for the material and its industry. This is where the international aluminium community comes together.
Sustainability, new mobility, additive and digital manufacturing, digitalisation, construction and engineering – ALUMINIUM will shed light on the most urgent issues of our time and flag up the versatile solutions aluminium has to offer for these as a material. ALUMINIUM 2022 will cover the complete spectrum of the aluminium industry in six exhibition halls. The big renowned companies will take part as exhibitors just as much as numerous SMEs and start-ups that make an invaluable contribution to the diversity and innovation of the sector. In this sense, the trade fair, which is already nearly fully booked, will serve as a truly comprehensive showcase.
Solutions for the major questions
The aluminium sector is undergoing massive transformation. This is why in terms of content ALUMINIUM 2022 will focus on the issues that will also continue changing this industry; and for which this material offers a host of exciting solutions.
- Sustainability: Industries are facing increasing pressure to make their product lifecycles more sustainable and the circular economy a reality – and the material that is aluminium is almost ideally suited to do this. At the trade fair numerous innovations involving climate-neutral aluminium will be presented.
- New Mobility: The development of e-mobility is rapidly changing the face of the automotive industry. At the same time, pressure is rising to reduce vehicle weight to cut greenhouse gas emissions. Both trends favour aluminium, which is getting more and more important as a material for the automotive industry. Vehicles are more environment-friendly with aluminium.
- Additive and Digital Manufacturing: 3D printing has long left behind its prototyping image: this manufacturing process has become long established in the industry – and is still far from being fully exploited. It provides a wide variety of technical possibilities allowing the material properties of the metal to be combined with the design freedom of additive manufacturing. In Düsseldorf large corporations as well as start-ups will highlight exciting avenues of how additive manufacturing opens up completely new opportunities.
- Digitalisation: More efficiency, more effectiveness – digitalisation is a long way from being exhausted. There are still many powerful levers waiting to be exploited by the aluminium industry – from networking between machines and processes down to the complete supply chain of the aluminium sector. Therefore, innovative engineering and machine software as well as data management systems for Industry 4.0 will be another focal theme at the fair.
- Construction and Engineering: According to UN estimates as early as 2050 more than two thirds of the world’s population will live in cities. Developing these mega-cities in a smart and environment-friendly way is therefore a central task for the coming years and decades. Here, too, aluminium will play a prominent role: as a sustainable, recyclable material for facades and window frames, for example. Aluminium forms part of the future-proofing of our cities.
Powerful partner for the special shows
Two of these focal themes will be covered by dedicated special shows. “Additive and Digital Manufacturing” in Hall 5 demonstrates the versatile technical possibilities provided by 3D printing. Partners for this special show include the Aachen Center for Additive Manufacturing (ACAM) of RWTH Aachen, one of the world’s most relevant research centres for additive manufacturing with aluminium. Furthermore, the trade fair will cooperate with Quartz Business Media, who have long been active in the field of digital manufacturing with aluminium, organising the “Future Aluminium Forum”. Both partners will share intriguing insights and contribute to this focal theme with exciting speakers.
Hall 6 of ALUMINIUM will be all about sustainability and recycling. Against the background of the outstanding properties this material boasts for the circular economy, the “Innovation Plaza Sustainability and Recycling” will await trade fair visitors with plenty of examples of best practice and innovations. And for this topic another excellent partner could be enlisted: the leading business intelligence company CRU with its highly specialised analysts – a household name for the aluminium industry.
Both special shows will be accompanied by Speakers’ Corners with a packed programme of expert lectures, focused content and insights on the key questions related to additive manufacturing and/or sustainability. They will provide more in-depth information and set the stage for presenting products and solutions. These themed stages will be curated by high-calibre industry partners who will also contribute to the theme with their expertise.
A showcase of superlatives
Like all trade shows organised by RX, ALUMINIUM will also include hybrid elements and make available a digital trade fair portal. In addition to digital exhibitor profiles it will also be possible to follow the ALUMINIUM Conference stream live. Add to this, Audio Guided Tours, digital trade fair bags, Matchmaking, Emperia Leadscanning of all visitors and dashboards for exhibitors, to name but a few of the digital features.